ESTRADOT PATCHES – BUY ESTRADOT PATCHES ONLINE:
WHAT IS ESTRADOT:
Estradot is a hormone replacement therapy (HRT) preparation, also called hormone therapy (HT), for women. Estradot patches contain the active ingredient estradiol, which is a naturally occurring form of the main female sex hormone oestrogen. The patches are used to relieve the symptoms of menopause.
WHAT IS ESTRADOT USED FOR:
As women age, women’s ovaries gradually produce less and less oestrogens. This causes hormonal imbalance, which in turn can lead to distressing physical and/or psychological symptoms, including:
- Hot flushes;
- Excessive sweating and night sweats;
- Mood swings;
- Dryness of vagina, mouth and/or eyes;
- Osteoporosis (decrease in bone mass and density).
By restoring hormonal balance in the body, Estradot reduces or prevents menopausal symptoms. As the patches only contain oestrogen, they are most suitable for women who have had a hysterectomy. Women who have not had a hysterectomy should also be prescribed a progestogen medicine to take with this medicine to reduce the risk of endometrial cancer.
SIDE EFFECTS OF USING ESTRADOT PATCHES:
- Skin irritation (itching, redness) at patch application site.
- Breakthrough bleeding or vaginal discharge.
- Breast tenderness or soreness.
Most of these side effects will disappear with continued use. Consult a doctor if the side effects are severe or persistent. Read the package leaflet carefully before using Estradot patches. The package leaflet will also tell you that all women using HRT have a slightly increased risk of serious side effects such as breast cancer and thrombosis compared with women who don’t use HRT.
WHEN NOT TO USE ESTRADOT:
Estradot is not suitable for everyone and should not be used if:
- You are allergic to estradiol or any other of its ingredients;
- You have a known or past history of thrombosis, breast cancer or other oestrogen-related cancer;
- You have vaginal bleeding of unknown cause or an overgrowth of the lining of the womb (endometrial hyperplasia);
- You have a blood disease or liver disorder.
Consult a doctor before using Estradot patches if you have a health condition that is not listed above or are taking medication or nutritional supplements.
BENEFITS OF HRT PATCHES:
What makes HRT patches different to tablets and gels? The benefits of using the patch are not vastly different to taking HRT in tablet form, so to some extent, it depends on your preference. The patch contains hormones that are absorbed through the skin, allowing you to receive hormone replacement without taking tablets by mouth – and likewise for the gel. Some doctors believe it’s preferable for hormones to be absorbed through the skin, thereby avoiding the liver.
Estradot patches contain only oestrogen, rather than a combination of oestrogen and progesterone, and so are only recommended if taken in tandem with progesterone, or for women who’ve had a hysterectomy. This is because oestrogen-only HRT is linked to an increased risk of endometrial cancer.
HRT patch reviews claim that Estradot patches are “very strong and stick well”, as well as being smaller than most other HRT patches.
EACH ESTRADOT PATCH CONTAINS:
Depending on what strength you’re prescribed, Estradot patches contain varying levels of estradiol (hemihydrate).
Additional ingredients include:
- Acrylic adhesive
- Silicone adhesive
- Oleyl alcohol
- Dipropylene glycol
- Povidone (E1201)
HOW TO USE ESTRADOT PATCHES:
- Use one fresh patch twice a week, to a clean dry area of skin.
- Always follow the prescription exactly – never use more or less than the doctor recommends. Read the package leaflet before use.
- The patches should NOT be applied on or near the breasts, but below the waist on the lower back, buttocks or abdomen.
- The patch should be replaced with a new one on the same day each week.
- Each fresh patch should be applied to a slightly different area to avoid irritating the skin.