EVOREL CONTI PATCHES – BUY EVOREL CONTI PATCHES ONLINE:
WHAT IS EVOREL CONTI:
Evorel Conti is a combined form of hormone replacement therapy (HRT), used to treat symptoms of menopause. Most HRT treatments involve daily tablets. However, Evorel Conti is a patch which is placed on the skin and changed twice per week. It releases two active ingredients, which emulate the two female sex hormones oestrogen and progesterone. It is a convenient alternative for patients who prefer not to swallow tablets every day.
Evorel Conti is a continuous combined treatment, which does not involve a regular period. For this reason, Evorel Conti is suited for women who have already reached menopause but still suffer from distressing symptoms.
All women go through menopause. This usually occurs between the ages of 45 and 55. As you approach this age, your ovaries will produce less and less oestrogen. This has the effect of stopping the menstrual cycle, but the change in hormone levels can lead to several symptoms which may have a substantial impact on day-to-day life. Physical symptoms include hot flushes (a spontaneous heat that spreads throughout the body, leading to blushing, sweating and an unusually strong heartbeat), night sweats, osteoporosis and dryness of the eyes or vagina. The hormonal change can also cause distressing psychological effects such as irritability, insomnia and depression.
Experiences with menopausal symptoms vary significantly depending on the individual. They can begin multiple years prior to menopause itself, and remain for many years. Women will, on average, experience symptoms for about four years. You can reduce the impact of some symptoms (especially hot flushes) by avoiding alcohol or caffeine, quitting smoking, exercising regularly or staying cool.
Hormone Replacement Therapy eases the symptoms of menopause by supplementing the levels of hormones which the body can produce naturally. Some medicines are oestrogen-only. However, in women who still have a uterus, an uncontrolled increase in oestrogen levels will cause the lining of the uterus (the endometrium) to grow excessively. This will substantially increase your risk of complications such as endometrial cancer. So, the Evorel Conti patch also contains norethisterone acetate, a synthetic version of progesterone. Because the doses are constant, this medicine will not produce a monthly bleed; however, the norethisterone will balance the effect of the extra oestrogen on the endometrium.
If you are switching from another HRT product, leave one week without treatment before you begin using the Evorel Conti patch. HRT should only be necessary as a relatively short-term treatment as your body adjusts to menopause. You should review your HRT with your GP at least once each year and have regular gynaecological checkups.
SIDE EFFECTS OF USING EVOREL CONTI PATCHES:
- Skin irritation (itching, redness) at patch application site.
- Mood swings.
- Breakthrough bleeding or vaginal discharge.
- Weight gain.
- Breast tenderness or soreness.
BENEFITS OF HRT PATCHES:
What makes HRT patches different to tablets and gels? The benefits of using the patch are not vastly different to taking HRT in tablet form, so to some extent, it depends on your preference. The patch contains hormones that are absorbed through the skin, allowing you to receive hormone replacement without taking tablets by mouth – and likewise for the gel. Some doctors believe it’s preferable for hormones to be absorbed through the skin, thereby avoiding the liver.
HRT patch reviews claim that Evorel Conti patches are “very strong and stick well”, as well as being smaller than most other HRT patches.
EACH EVOREL CONTI PATCH CONTAINS:
- Estradiol Hemihydrate (3.2mg)
- Norethisterone Acetate (11.2mg)
- Each Evorel Conti patch delivers 50 micrograms of estradiol and 170 micrograms of norethisterone acetate a day.
HOW TO USE EVOREL CONTI PATCHES:
- Always use Evorel Conti exactly as your doctor has told you. You should check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
- Always follow the prescription exactly – never use more or less than the doctor recommends. Read the package leaflet before use.
- Use one fresh patch, twice a week to a clean dry area of skin.
- The patches should NOT be applied on or near the breasts, but below the waist on the lower back, buttocks or
- The patch should be replaced with a new one on the same day each week.
- Each fresh patch should be applied to a slightly different area to avoid irritating the skin.